Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday Harvest

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!  Mine was pretty good, lots of food, puppies, dirt, and lake water left me feeling exhausted but satisfied.  Back to real life.  Mine unfortunately includes unemployment.  I'm trying to make the most of all my free time but it still kinda sucks.  You'll be hearing a lot more from me in the near future, I'll bet.

Aaaand the harvest.  WE GOT TOMATOES!!!  Two of 'em.  That's two more than last year.  Oh, and I think it might be zucchini bread time.  How do 3-pound zucchinis hide from us?  They're enormous.  Camouflage is the name of the game, people.

The jalapeno is a little smaller than the last one, but I'm sure deliciously spicy nonetheless.  The blackberries are not from my backyard, they're thanks to my awesome parents who got them at Hamlin park yesterday.  We've been picking a ton lately, more on that and the rhubarb later.

Until next time!

P.S. There's a squirrel in my apple tree above my head who I'm convinced was trying to kill me earlier.  It was right above me dropping large apples like bombs.  Now it has finally settled on one and is eating it while dropping little bits that Frannie is gobbling up as they fall.  Freakin' adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...