In the last couple weeks, I've sent out the save the date cards (STD's as some call them, hehehe) for our upcoming wedding. Seeing as how it's a semi-destimation wedding (only because there's a ferry ride involved), a holiday weekend, and we have a lot of out of town guests, we decided a save the date card was in order to give our peeps a heads up.
For those of you who don't know, wedding stationery is expensive. So I made my own. Last year I discovered the awesomeness of block printing so I made some prints first. Then I found a postcard template on Word and typed something up. This was the hardest part since moving the text boxes and stuff until it was just right was pretty painstaking. Then I found some card stock that was nice-looking and printed out my cards at home, 4 to a sheet.
Sprayed them with finishing spray, since the block print ink is water-based, and slappity-slapped a stamp on each and sent them away!
The backs have the usual: a little message, the addresses of our peeps, as well as a return address for us.
P.S. The block prints are fiddlehead ferns, just in case you couldn't tell. (I don't blame you.)
P.P.S. The first "save the date" print I made I made backwards, the worst mistake any block printer can make. Major fail.