Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sunday Harvest (2 days late)

Happy holiday, dear readers.

I guess I already failed my blog challenge by writing this late, but better late than never.

This week's harvest is pretty much the same as last week.  I've been eating peas everyday, mostly raw, but I also made a delicious Chinese-inspired pea, broccoli, and shrimp stir fry yesterday.  It was really good.  I can't wait till my broccoli is ready to harvest so I can make some more.  We've been giving away lettuce like crazy, at least five heads have gone to better homes in the last few days.

Here's a picture of the bed in our front yard which apparently is heaven for lettuce.  (And this is after I gave away the five heads.)


Driveway lettuce is still going strong.
In other garden news, I'm officially tapped out of places to plant.  I've maxed out any and all possible planting space, and I'm pretty sure I've planted everything too close together in hopes of using my space efficiently.  I'll let you know how it goes.

In other other news, we've had some pretty serious hen fights lately.  Yesterday, the babies went to explore the big ladies' coop and found that their aunties don't appreciate that.  What ensued was the biggest attack yet with Frannie being the head attacker this time.  I think we had another attack today by Frannie, who probably realized after yesterday's experience how much she likes acting like a velociraptor.  I'm a little stressed out by this all, but we just have to keep up with supervised visits.  We're doing some internet research to get more ideas on how to orchestrate this all.  Oh, and the babies are fine, just a little shook up.  Pearl lost a wing feather yesterday, but no injuries to report as of yet.  I hope it stays that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...