These are so easy, I'm afraid they're going to taste weird. They'll be ready in three weeks so I guess I can let you know how they are then.
We started with maybe a little over two pounds of beans. I sterilized 6 taller half pint jars, the lids, and the rings and kept them in the dishwasher to keep them warm.
We mixed the following to make the brine:
* 3 cups of water
* 1 1/2 cups of apple cider vinegar
* 2 cups of white vinegar
* 1/3 cup salt
* one clove garlic, peeled but kept whole
These were all mixed and brought to a boil. In the meantime, the beans were rinsed and the ends were trimmed. Into each jar, we added a sprig of fresh dill and 1/8 tsp of red pepper flakes. The jars were then packed with beans standing on their ends. Once the brine was ready, we filled each jar up to a quarter inch from the top. We screwed on the lids and let them simmer in a canning pot for about 12 minutes. Once they cooled, all the lids sealed well so we had a 100% success rate.
So now we wait. I hope they're good...