One of my recently completed projects was a sleep sack I made out of unused blankets. Eddy has a few sleep sacks, but they are all made out of fleece, and during the various hot streaks we were having during the summer, they were just too warm for her, but the house would cool off enough that being in just PJ's wasn't enough through the night.
So my sewing machine and I solved that problem.
First, I rummaged through my blanket drawer and pulled two blankets that Eddy had either outgrown or never used.
|Both flannel receiving blankets.|
Next, I cut the front panels in half vertically for the zipper.
Construction was pretty simple. Sew the monkey panels onto the pink sheets, then sew the panels together, while reenforcing the neck line and arm holes. After I sewed in the zipper, I added a little velcro tab at the top. I love the little accents.
Turned out pretty cute, I think. Too bad I didn't make this earlier in the summer so it could be used. Oh well.
|The. Cutest. Model.|