Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Results

Well, you can probably look at them yourselves, but the results to the two polls are in.  Voting isn't closed yet, but it has been where it's at for about 5 days, so I think I can safely say that most votes have been cast.  As far as what you fine readers want me to experiment with next, it's almost a dead tie between the 4 choices.  That's cool, it keeps my options open.

As far as the posts that people enjoy the most, the winner is all of them, followed by the cooking ones, and the chicken related ones come in a close third.  I'm happy with these results.  I feel like it's just reassurance to keep doing what I'm doing, and I promise, as soon as I have more time, I will do so.  A big thanks to all who voted!

And now for something completely different:

I've been meaning to introduce you all to this awesome knitting pattern for a head band.  I stumbled upon this when I was asked to knit something like this for a friend last year.  It's really great.  The pattern is written out perfectly and it's really easy to follow... kind of.  I often knit while watching tv so sometimes I look up just for a second, then find myself wondering whether I just knit line 28 or 29.  And when finished, it looks really good and makes the knitter look really good too because it has some really nice intricate patterns and cable designs.  AND, it only takes about 4 hours to knit one.  Sweet huh? 

The only problem that I have with this is that I can't really wear them.  My hair is just too slippery so it doesn't stay put on my head, and I think it helps to have more voluminous hair in general, or a smaller forehead.  I think I also have a funny-shaped flat head that doesn't allow the head band to grasp onto or something...  Oh well, at least I can make them for others.

Here are a couple pictures.

Next on Urban Hobby Homesteader:
I'm planning on making a special cake this weekend.  I made one last week, but it was a minor fail so I didn't mention it.  But I'll make it again tomorrow or something and do it right this time so it's more photogenic.

Until then, happy homesteading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...